Sunday, September 03, 2006

T-Minus Twelve and Counting


Not that I haven't made enough changes in the last few months, but the BIG ONE is about to arrive...I'm leaving the steamy, sordid bowels of DC for, hmmm let's say the calmer climes of Austin, TX.

What have I learned in my seven years of DC habitation? Where to begin? I learned that life has no predictive dialer. Paths are chosen, dead ended, rerouted, tracked back. But I think I needed, and appreciated the experiences I had here. They brought me to a place where I'm not afraid to listen to my heart and my gut and go after the things I want. To be truer to myself than I've ever been. That's a gift.

And I have met more people here who are full of passion and fire for what they do and what they believe than ever in my life. I feel lucky to have made friends here who are moved to fight and demand and care and love bigger than I imagined you could. I hope at least a little bit of that passion rubbed off on me.

Now, does anyone want to help me pack?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Hot Stuff! I can't believe it's already fall, and you're abandoning us. Le sigh. It is too sad!!

I hope you're going to keep up with the blog. Please?! I at least want to hear about your adventures settling back into TX culture. Armadillos instead of squirrels, lots of fantastically yummy Tex Mex, and cowboy hats. (Cuz that's what TX is all about, right?)

I'm a-gonna miss ya.

9:26 AM  
Blogger daytripperwhit said...

me too girlfriend!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home