Monday, September 25, 2006

Livin' in Generica



Man, I really plopped myself smack dab into some conspicuous consumption. I can literally walk from my house to the Home Depot, Borders, Ann Taylor...not to mention the Party Pig and the Dollar Tree!

Don't get me wrong, I love me some consumer goods. And who doesn't relish the convenience of a short stroll to the Macaroni Grill for some grub? But long have I groused about the strip mall-ing of America and how it strips away any sense of individualism and unique identity. Isn't that what this nation was founded on people?? I sort of kind of managed to avoid it back in DC. But there ain't no avoidin' it here.

So I'm caught in quite a conundrum. There's no way I'm going to be able to resist the charms of the Banana Republic within walking distance of my pad. (Precious, precious Harrison fit pants.) But I promise you this! I'll complain about it the entire way there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's okay, Whit. I hear hipocracy is the new black. ;)

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait one gosh darn minute..you never mentioned the shopping situation. Do I need to bring an empty suitcase next week????

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home